Thursday, August 23, 2007

Women from... allovertheworld.

The women writers' convention last week was a success. It was organised by the Finnish PEN.

Thank you so much for visiting us! It was lovely to hear your thoughts, see the films and have fun in Helsinki.

I'd like to send you my greetings with the words of one of the greatest female writers ever, Marina Tsvetaeva.

My Poems...

My poems, written early, when I doubted
that I could ever play the poet's part,
erupting, as though water from a fountain
or sparks from a petard,

and rushing as though little demons, senseless,
into a sanctuary, where incense spreads,
my poems about death and adolescence,
--that still remain unread! --

collecting dust in bookstores all this time,
where no one comes to carry them away,
my poems, like exquisite, precious wines,
will have their day!

Marina Tsvetaeva, 1913
Translated by Andrey Kneller

But dear guests from all over the world: your poems (and articles, novel and films) are not dusty at all!











Please see more photos in Kristiina Koivunen's blog. In the first photo there is a little Uyghur girl, Miss Funnybunny's "kompis" (friend).

No comments: